Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reading fetish :0)

So in the month of June I read a total of seven books :0)
Hush, Hush and Crescedo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Fallen, Torment and Passion by Lauren Kate
Everlasting by Alyson Noel
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I am a book enthusiast, if you can't tell. Every night I read for a few hours. I get the kids to sleep and then reading is my "me time." My time to unwind, relax and dissapear to another place. I love all kinds of books. And my library is one of my most treasured rooms in the house.

I am working on my kids to be book enthusiasts as well. :0) They have their own library room as well and I love to suddenly realize, "My kids have been really quiet for too long, what are they up to!?!?" And then to find them all sitting on the floor in various posses (cross legged, lying on their tummy proped up on their elbows, etc) in their library looking thru books. Makes a Mom's heart swell a little. Even though I get a little annoyed to find all the books on the floor and all of the nice neat rows in disaray. But hey they were expanding their minds and learning.


I have dreams of one day publishing a book of my poems I have written over the years. But I will probably publish it under a totally ficticious name, because they are all dark and unhappy. I usually only write when I am feeling extremly blue. :0( I guess I need to expand my horizons and write some happy ones too.

But so far I am involved in a much more important task. It started almost nine years ago and has expanded a lot. It is a life long writing that I hope will be appreciated. I have a journal for me and one for each of my five kids. I have filled quite a few journals!! I have it on a daily rotation, so everyone gets their journal written in once a week. It has been greatly neglected this past year, because I just didn't have the time (with brand new twins), but I'm trying to get back into the habit again.

This is also part of my bed time routine. I do this before starting to read :0)

If you can't tell already, I am a great reader and writer, but an AWFUL speller, especially when trying to think of how things are spelled when I have had a lack of sleep. But this blogger doesn't have a spell checker that I am aware of so you will just have to deal with it people :0)

1 comment:

  1. I should borrow those from ya, seeing as I have all the time in the world sitting on my couch right now!! lol

    ReplyDelete